Friday, March 20, 2009

Enoch's Blog


Well our first night in our new house was a special event that I will probably never forget. When we showed up we had a greeting committee and everything. The first thing I saw when I went into the kitchen was 4 roaches the size of your thumb on our counter. First thought:

“Nope, that ain’t happening in my house!”

So I go over with my size 13 flip-flop and get two out of the four and almost brake a couple of glasses in the process. Man, are they fast! Not too bad for the first go, though.

We go to bed at 9:00pm and wake up at 4:00am. 7 hours isn’t bad for your first night. Marissa wakes up and is first out of bed.

Marissa: “I just can’t go to sleep. There’s just too much to do.”
Enoch: (Oh great. Here we go)

After about 30 minutes of laying there listening to Marissa bustling around, I started feeling bad about not helping. I got up and went to the kitchen to get a pop. I noticed my baby had already cleaned up the carcasses of last night’s battle. How sweet.

I wandered out to the living room were my sweet baby was just writing away in her notebook.
After being married for a few years I’ve found that if a good husband wants to show his appreciation for his wife’s hard work he needs to mention it to her or she’ll never know.

So, I proceeded to say:

Enoch: “I noticed you cleaned up the dead roach bodies in the kitchen.”
Marissa: “I haven’t touched them.”
Enoch: ……….
Marissa: ……….

It is at the time I remembered a horrifying fact about roaches. Roaches like to eat their dead buddies when there is nothing else to eat. As gross as it sounds it is true.
So if anyone has any suggestions to this fun topic please help e-mail us with your solutions. Please remember there is no exterminator. The person with the most brilliant solution will be honored.

Until then, I will have to smash each one and throw them in the open lot next to us.

No comments: